Pour Over Brew Guide
– How to at Home
Pour over coffee is a little more difficult to master and even with years of experience things can still not come out consistently every time. However when you do get a pour over right it can be a beautiful experience that no other brewing method can replicate.
- V60/Pourover with Stand
- Paper filters
- Coffee: 13.5 grams filter roast
- Water: 220 grams (total) 170 (beverage) @100c
- Time: 2:30
- Bring water to boil
- Rinse filter paper with the boiling water for 10 seconds
- Grind coffee to “medium-course”
- Pour coffee into filter, tap side to settle coffee bed.
If you have a pour over stand place a scale under the stand (total weight) and a scale under the mug (beverage weight)
- Pour water on coffee and start timer to 40 grams (total) stir coffee to ensure all grounds are wet up until 20 seconds leave to bloom for 10 seconds.
- Pour water to 140 (total) grams
- Wait until timer hits 1 minute then pour water to 180 (total) grams
- Wait until 1:30 then pour water to 220 (total) grams
- Swirl coffee and water to ensure even extraction.
- Once the beverage weight reaches 170 grams take mug out from under filter.
Elementary Coffee for Pour Over
Visit Us Monday – Friday
7:30am – 3:30pm
at 9-17 Young St in the CBD of Adelaide
Ph: 0450 066 216
Try some other hashtag or username