The Espresso Machine
Espresso is the base to your everyday coffee on the escape from your office. Flat whites, cappuccinos, lattes and machiattos all start with a base of espresso coffee. Below is our recipe for our house blend espresso coffee.
- Espresso machine
- Coffee: 22 Grams -ground for espresso use
- Water: 36 grams yield
- Time: 28 – 30 seconds
- Espresso requires a fine grind to ensure the water is passed through under pressure.
- Grind coffee into the ‘basket’
- Tap the side of the handle to settle coffee bed.
- Distribute the coffee in the basket to ensure all gaps are filled in the basket.
- Use a tamper to press down on the coffee, ensure the tamper is flat and press down evenly.
- Lock the handle into the machine, press the brew button.
- Place a scale under a cup and then under the spouts of the basket.
- The shot of coffee should be stopped when the beverage weight is 36 grams and the time should be between 28-30 seconds.
- If the coffee runs faster, then this time adjust the grind finer until desired time is reached and vice versa for a slow pour.
Elementary Coffee for Espresso
Visit Us Monday – Friday
7:30am – 3:30pm
at 9-17 Young st in the CVD of Adelaide
Ph: 0450 066 216